"'WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF-EVIDENT THAT ALL-ARE CREATED EQUAL.'" "WILL NOT BE JUDGED BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER...AND ALL FLESH SHALL SEE IT TOGETHER." - Aug 28, 1963





Preface: If you are reading this, welcome.

I need to stress that each one of my posts will demonstrate another area of expertise. I am capable of relating to nearly any person on the planet in a very human way...
This means, I may use words, slang and expressions that might give the reader an impression of me that is incorrect.
Be warned that you cannot grasp the multitude of experience nor the disparetness and extent of my intellectual process from simply reading one or two of my posts.

Enjoy the journalism, literary journalism and personal opinion you are about to encounter.











The only Time to act for the greater good is now.
OverTime Concepts -because privacy and security matter.


Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I was about 20 and living in LA...

this story is just written off-hand so as to kinda honor an online friend of mine who has been being very patient with someone and just waiting it out, seeing how it goes...you know, O how she just digs this dude and gets all "school-girl" when she knows she's gonna get to hang with him and stuff, like, basically she's uh...proving me wrong on the myspace.com/jesatiu blog where I state nobody has any passion on myspace anymore...she does...she's living with passion and you all know how I feel about that (read Fire and Passion blog on myspace.com/jesatiu re: Calvin Mackie if you need to brush up on it)...we need to be getting serious about what our passions are and what will happen if we continue having the wrong kind of passion and being passionate about the wrong things...but that's my soapbox and this is just a story...so read on...

I'd been there working and doing good for a few years, about three...and i worked with McCaffrey construction, who had projects all around the east side of palmdale...so as it turns out, the basic place to eat lunch on the east side of palmdale (visualize raw desert everywhere except where we were building houses) turned out to be "carol's cafe." (The original one, the second shop in Littlerock opened right after I met Wanda.)
Well, this waitress Wanda worked there. And she was a flirt and good at her job and didn't talk a lot about herself but it was known that she was with this guy and all, for a long time they'd been together, his name was Bobby, he'd later come after me with a knife and a crow bar once in her driveway but that was way on down the road from the days of Carol's Cafe on the corner of Hwy 138 and, I think it's Avenue "P."
So long story short I mean, Wanda and I were about the same age and she was attractive so naturally we did kinda hit it off, and of course, being young and single, especially until I heard about Bobby, I was pretty much hitting on her daily, whenever we'd go for lunch at Carol's.
Well time went by and Carol opened up the shop in Littlerock, which is where I lived at the time...and Carol had three very attractive daughters, who all lived in Littlerock and worked at least now and then at the Cafe...basically I'm just saying, it had a culture, you know...lot of regulars (many Lockheed and Edwards AFB employees live in Littlerock, but it's very small and you know...just a little town)...so anyway, I started hangin' out there a lot, worked on the side on Carol's rental properties and there were several other regulars, kinda like a combo between a ragged-friends/Cheers type of deal...
So Littlerock is full of many regulars, or perhaps irregulars, and many of them had abuse problems from an over-abundance of meth and rock coke, but we managed everyone fairly well...
My one friend who had kids my age who worked with my mom at the liquor store lived right across the street from Carol's too...and it's been in a couple movies...I don't remember the titles, back then movie sets in our area didn't really surprise us much...I just remember a few times when we'd get our coffee or iced tea moved for a shoot...
So after several years of hitting on Wanda to the point of where I really honestly thought it was just a game that we played (a year or so of this time I was dating Lissette Pelley from England, a nanny living on a work permit, whew, those trips to immigration in LA are something, let me tell you, sorry, that's another story)...
Where was I...yeah...so this one night, I really remember it too, I am going on about taking Wanda to a movie, I mean, hell, I didn't even know if she was actually listening, I was pretty much talking to the guy on at the counter next to me, really...it was so much of a joke by then, that everyone knew it was just our "thing" that we did...like...I don't know...just teasing between old friends...
So yeah...I say, ok...something like, "ok, Wanda and I will be back in a couple hours, we're going to see...so and so movie...and uh...hey Gerry, you're in charge while we're out, we'll be back to close up," haha, you know...
And i walk outside, getting something from my truck or about to leave or something...and here comes Wanda out the door behind me..."ok, let's go."
Huh? yeah...I was like..."what?"
She was saying...you know...Bobby's an ass (which he really was, everyone knew he treated her like total crap) and so ok...like...I finally won something I didn't even know I was playing for...
So over the next few weeks we ran around together and stuff...and had a fairly good time, but she couldn't quite let him go (it go, really) and we were in her house that one time when he came by all strung out and it almost got pretty severe but we both lunged at each other a few times and he realized despite his knife and crowbar (which he took out of her Toyota, a black Celica, but was mine) and was like...you know how crazy people get-she's mine and I found your crowbar and I'm keeping it and blah blah...so I was like, she's not your dog and she'll do what she wants and your an asshole, etc...and left before I got killed, basically...
Well...I guess the point is, oh, and yeah, Wanda, last time I was in LA, was seeing a guy with a kid and they were totally cool and looking like a great couple, so good for her...wonder where she is now...huh, that's a first in a long time...wow.
And Lissette, too...once she went back to England it was like she fell off the earth...wild girl there...man...but good person.
So I guess that moral is...again...well...patience? perhaps...not giving up? kinda...but not really...um...just...you never can tell what life will send your way whenever it wants to...and was it, "worth waiting for?" Well, sure...I mean, look at the story it makes...Wasn't what I thought it would be, of course, but it was and is a story of a girl, who did cry a river of tears, but also figured out a move for herself that worked in the long run...(two song references there...).
So that's the story of Wanda-circa my days as a Dj and carpenter in LA county.

::! jesse loop can be reached for comment on this article or for publication in a journal or other media outlet via email at:
terraverse.support@gmail.com
this work ©2008 jesse loop / terraverse-writ for world blog outlet.

No comments:

fund this cause-because...